The careers education, information and guidance programme at Outwood Academy Brumby seeks to positively support students to acquire meaningful educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and rapidly changing world of work.
We are currently working alongside Progress Careers, an external, independent and impartial careers guidance service. Progress Careers aim to support all students to aim high in their career goals and aspirations.
Students at Outwood Academy Brumby are entitled to a careers education and guidance programme which:
- is personal to students and always puts students interests first
- motivates and inspires students to consider all opportunities both within and outside Outwood Academy Brumby
- helps students to gain the skills they need to make their career ambitions a reality
- provides the support students need to succeed
- helps students access any additional support they might need
- is delivered by trained and qualified teachers and careers advisers, with up-to-date knowledge and understanding of career pathways and local labour market information
- protects and respects students personal information and shares it only with their consent
Together with staff from Progress Careers, Outwood Academy Brumby will support the career development of all of it's students in a number of ways including:
- information and discussion in lessons and regular assemblies to help students make decisions about their future
- regular activities and events such as careers cafes and our annual careers fair
- access to career advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, learning pathway planning and results days
- careers information and IT based careers programme delivered with subject lessons.
- information and regular updates on notice boards, plasma screens and websites.
We review the success of our careers programme by looking at the destinations of our exiting Year 11 students with a target of 0% NEET (students not in education, employment or training).